Sunday, November 26, 2017

WELCOME TO 1159 AND COUNTING DOWN BLOG PAGE
November 26, 2017

This morning I began studying 2 Timothy, Chapter 4 -- Apostle Paul was giving his final instructions to his servant and friend, Timothy.   As I read through each passage of holy scripture, I found one thing that stood out to me most-- Apostle Paul KNEW he was close to the Finish Line of Heaven.   He was aware that he was about to wrap up his final season (assignment) here on earth.  Many folks would debate on whether or not God lets a person know that their Final Season here on earth is coming to an end.   I personally believe God does speak to certain people about how they are now running in the Final Mile in the race towards Heaven's Finish Line.   

As I pondered on the things Apostle Paul admonished young Timothy with in his final instructions as he approached the finish line towards heaven, I began to question what advice I would leave behind to those individuals whom I may have had the privilege and honor of guiding, challenging, teaching and inspiring in their faith walk.    Like leaving a legacy, not of materialism or fortune, or a tangible inheritance (which we all should stride to do so if we are able to do so for our children and grandchildren), but what wisdom did we bestow on those God allowed our lives to touch along the way.  

I know I have little to nothing of great worldly value to give to my son as an inheritance, but I do believe, nevertheless, that I do have a legacy of my faith to leave as an example of how my son should stride to become more like Jesus Christ everyday!    As I have thought about the issue of leaving a legacy it has brought back fond memories of when my son, then age 11 years old, looked me in the eye and said, "Dad, you are always so nice to EVERYONE!"    Ever since I became a born-again Christian, folks have taken notice of my having The Gift of Mercy and The Gift of Exhortation (All Glory To God).   I love people and I always want the very BEST for them in everything they endure in life.   I know I've made a hill of mistakes along my journey, but I have also seen God turn those "hills of mistakes" into "Mountains of His Mercy and Grace"-- Praise God that He turns around what the enemy meant for evil for good.   I know God has saved me from myself (and the sinful nature I am working to overcome daily)-- many times.    I feel there have been times when I have cashed in on His Mercy far too many times-- but I am reminded in His Word "His mercies are NEW every morning".     This is not a pass to just keep repeating the same sins again and again.   The Holy Spirit is an expert on revealing to us how we can overcome anything that tends to try to cause an entanglement in our lives.    I praise God for all the chains that have fallen from my life and the shackles that have been loosed because Jesus set this captive free.   Amen?    

Apostle Paul was young Timothy's mentor and in the aforementioned passages of scripture (2 Timothy, Chapter 4) Paul is giving final instructions to Timothy because Paul knew he was fast approaching heaven's finish line.    I pose a question to you my friends!    If you knew you were on the last stretch and stride in the race towards heaven's finish line, what is the last advice or words of encouragement would you leave to those you mentor, disciple, fellowship with in your sphere of influence?      

We all should be living as if our tomorrow may never come and today is our last day on earth!   Would you be able to say without a shadow of doubt that you have run the race to the best of your ability and have been obedient to do the "assignments" Father God has asked you to do?   I know, for me, I make a sincere attempt to live today with the idea of fulfilling whatever Father God has asked of me to do in my daily walk with Jesus.      Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of my faith and I desire to complete every assignment to the best of my abilities before I am called Home to Heaven.   My personal prayer has been, "Lord, please allow me to complete the work God has asked me to do and may I be able to leave this world when you say "Jay, It's time to go home", knowing that I have been successful in advancing the Kingdom of God during my life here on earth.      

My friends, I pray that you always are found fulfilling all that Father God has assigned you to do and that Jesus Christ is in the center of every area of your life.   Live your life like today is your last day my friends.    Be blessed and be a blessing today. 

Much love, prayers and blessings, 

Jay

 

No comments:

Post a Comment