Saturday, April 28, 2018



IDENTIFYING THE CHANGE OF SEASONS IN OUR LIVES

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my blog page insertion for today (April 29, 2018).  Yes, it has been quite a while since I last posted anything on this blog.   These last few months have been a challenge for me and my personal growth (and maturity) and relationship with The Lord.   My marital status has changed and I have been learning how to move forward "Solo" in what God has for me to in what I believe to be The Final Mile.   I will explain what I mean in referring to this new season as The Final Mile later on in this article.

 I recently released my new book, THE FEATHER & THE SWORD (Amazon.com - Jay Hudson) and I believe this has been a significant event that has served as a Crossroad for me and the ministry.   Publishing this particular book signifies that I have completed one season and I am now entering into a new season.  It is so important for us to recognize when God desires that we enter into a new season.  Many times we struggle with discontentment, frustration, anger and an uncertainty of why things are the way they are.   Could it be that we are feeling these things because we are refusing to do what we must do in order to move forward with what God has for us to do in the next season?   I know for me, I stifle my own progress--and God is a Progressive God--always moving forward with His plans for our lives--but we have to be willing to walk beside Him; lead by His precious Holy Spirit.   I have been guilty, at times, of trying to run ahead of God and then I wonder why I feel I am suddenly all alone on the journey.   Can anyone else relate?  

Often times we question whether or not God still desires to use us for His plans and purposes--His Will (and assignment) for our lives while we are journeying through in this life.    There are those who prematurely abandon the Call that God has for their lives--and for a season (or sometimes more), we lay aside The Sword of Truth--feeling that we need a sabbatical of sorts.  We believe it is a time of refreshing, when in truth, it is a time to be in position; in a stance of readiness and a willingness to be obedient to The Holy Spirit's leading.   I tell folks that I would rather be a peasant who lives in the Center of God's Will for my life versus a King who abides in the wealth and prestige in a kingdom--living outside of God's Will for my life.   

I was recently viewing one of my Youtube podcast in July 2016 and I must humbly admit I was a bit disturbed with my appearance/persona.   Although I was speaking Truth and sharing what I believe The Holy Spirit had inspired me to share with the folks, I could see that I was experiencing a personal challenge of my own.   I realized that I was trying to "cosmetically" look better (and younger) by applying men's cosmetics.   In doing so, I am certain that there were those individuals who immediately judged my character based on my trying to look good for the camera(s).   It is amazing how much I believe I have changed in the last year and a half.   I am no longer obsessed with attempting to look better for the camera--I am willing to be absolutely transparent in spirit and in physical appearance.   With this being said, I have stepped into a new season of absolute vulnerability, transparency and authenticity.   My new saying is "You cut me and I bleed too!"   I want folks to see my heart, and I am not going to hide behind some cosmetic cover-up in the attempt to camouflage the reality that I am a 55 year old guy--wrinkles, gray hair and dark circles under my eyes.   I pray that you would hear what The Holy Spirit is speaking through me -- and you would truly hear my heart (and more important, the heart of God) as I am lead to share truth with you.   

THE FINAL MILE:     I recently moved back to my childhood stomping grounds--Wyoming, Michigan.    I had spent several years living in Arizona and then, after a divorce, I and my buddy (Toby- my Bichon Frise).   We had two extensive road trips (from Arizona (3-day drive) to Arkansas and then six months later, a 15 hour road trip back to Michigan).   Now we are back home and God has told me this is to be my last stop--The Final Mile.   He also has inspired me to begin to write a book of this same title - THE FINAL MILE - a poignant, loving reflection of how God has sustained my life as I have lived with "a thorn in the flesh" (HIV/AIDS) since April 12, 1994.    

One of the most precious things God has given me in all of my challenges on this journey has been the ability to be vulnerable.  He has allowed me to encourage others through my own experiences (the good, bad and ugly).   We often hear the phrase "I can read you like a book" and it is true with me--literally, because I wrote a book (my testimony) entitled THE DEVIL'S MISFITS:   My Testimony (Amazon.com - Jay L. Hudson).   I would encourage anyone who has ever struggled with same-sex attraction and/or drug addictions and occult involvements to read my story.   God is so incredibly faithful in ALL of His promises and He is no respecter of persons--what He has done for me He will also do for you my friend!  Since the day I asked Jesus to become my personal Lord and Savior, (August 1988), so many things have changed FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!   Becoming a Christian has been the most adventurous journey I believe man can ever experience.   

A PRAYER OF SALVATION

You too can ask Jesus into your heart today my friend.  It only takes you to be willing to say "Jesus, I am a sinner and I need forgiveness.   I ask that you come into my heart today--as my Lord and Savior.  Forgive me of all of my sins Jesus.   Open my eyes to Truth today God.   Please allow Your Holy Spirit to guide me everyday--leading me into ALL truth so that I will fulfill ALL of the plans and purposes You have ordained for me God.   Thank you Jesus for dying on The Cross at Calvary.   Amen!

If you have asked Jesus into your heart today, I would love to hear from you.  My email address is jhudson1159@gmail.com.  I am here for you as a resource of Truth, Love, Compassion and Encouragement.   I pray that your New Life (and Journey) with Jesus Christ is amazing. Just know that GOD'S BEST FOR YOUR LIFE IS YET TO COME!!   Welcome into the Family of God and into His Kingdom where we will spend eternity with Our Lord and King, Jesus Christ, my friend!   

In closing, I leave you with the following scripture: 

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

 Be blessed and Be a Blessing to Someone Else Today in Jesus' Name.  Amen!

Brother Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment