Friday, August 18, 2017

ARTICLE: GOD IS A GOD OF JUDGMENT- 
VENGEANCE AND RECOMPENSE
When I used to think of victims of persecution, the first thoughts that came to me was stereotypical (but a reality as well) -- persecution of Christians taking place in the Middle East (Syria, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Ukraine) And the persecution and deaths of Jews in London and France by shootings resulting in their synagogues are under massive security, as well as Swedes who are being forced to leave their cities and towns due to militant persecution and death threats.
Another observation that is very disturbing to me is how Christians are treating other Christians; some of the offenses involve the sin of adultery, thievery, and attempts to try to discredit authentic God-ordained ministries. We also must be reminded as true believers and followers of Christ that there are false teachers and false prophets (and wolves in sheep's clothing) amongst us in these end times.
Then there is the reality of the world's persecution against Christians and Jews (ISIS, Islamic Extremists, radical & militant LGBT-- some of which also murder Christians and Jews with beheadings, nailed to crosses (crucifixions), bodies laid side by side in ditches and executed by machine guns and other inhumane, senseless murders.
For me, I believe on a more personal level, it hurts deeply to be misjudged, cursed and mistreated (or in layman's terms "Just done wrong") by other Christians. I experience righteous anger towards these situations and in my flesh I would love, for just a slight moment, to lay aside the fact that I am a Man of God and follower of Jesus Christ and kick some serious "blessed ASSurance" (forgive me Lord). In truth, I just think it's shameful that brothers and sisters in Christ would take advantage of other believers who are in vulnerable circumstances. Enough said on this matter - for those I am referring to, I pray they will either embrace it and hopefully repent before the Father, or they will do what they are good at doing and refuse to fess up and go on living with the shield of protection they have built around their perfect little world. God knows the truth in every situation!
2 Thessalonians 1:6 "Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;..."
JEREMIAH 8:12 "Are they ashamed of their detestable conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD."
In closing, I leave this final passage of scripture as a challenge, warning, inspiration and an opportunity for all of us to examine our own hearts to ensure we are not one of those who may fall under the need for such rebuke and correction from the Father. Please let us all be found doing what is right before the eyes of our Heavenly Father. I know I am examining my heart continually, as well, for there is no one under the sun who lives in perfect alignment with God's precepts. Amen!

HEBREWS 10:29-31 "How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE." 31It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.…





5-15-15 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment