Thursday, August 17, 2017

Article: How are You Using Your God-given talents to Glorify 
our Heavenly Father?
I realize not everyone is called to be a preacher, a teacher, an evangelist, a prophet or an Apostle, but I do believe God has given everyone a gift that can bring glory to His name - amen? I believe God has given each of us certain gifts and talents. There is a great opportunity to glorify God by using these gifts and talents. Because we are living in the last days I believe, as Christians, we need to ask the Holy Spirit how we can most effectively utilize these gifts to magnify God and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Here's a thought - I believe Satan is pulling out all of the stops and he is not holding back on using everything in his arsenal bag that he can against Christians and in his efforts to continue to deceive lost souls. So why not, as Christians, pull out all of the stops and utilize every God-given gift (both spiritual gifts and natural gifts and talents) to bring glory to God and to share the truth that sets the captives free.
For an example, I know God has blessed me with several gifts and talents that I have had the privilege of utilizing for most of my life: my love for music and my ability to sing-- my love for the theatre so acting and dance have also been ways in which I have been able to reach folks (especially when I founded the Believers Acting Corp Theatre Group in California years ago). I also have a gift that I truly cherish now more than ever because as I mature (not grow old folks LOL) I am able to hone in and develop the craft of writing. I have had the blessed opportunity to become a published author with several books: "Red Pumps And A Switchblade" (a testimonial); "No, I Was Not Born Gay!" (a testimonial and guide to addressing homosexuality); and I am currently working on a new book entitled "The Devil's Misfits"; a raw, unadulterated truth of my testimony of what really happened as I lived as a gay man, leading up to my deliverance from the homosexual lifestyle and the incredible experience with God's anointing with the evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit and the Gifts of the Spirit He allowed me to experience as a novice babe in the Lord. For example, He allowed me the privilege of meeting Bob Larson, an international radio show host, known for addressing demons and performing exorcisms. I was placed in a position of leading an exorcism with a young man who was possessed with seven demons. This same young man initially attended our youth group one Wednesday night back in 1989 and contacted the Bob Larson Ministry and agreed with Bob to meet for an exorcism but insisted that his "Youth Pastor" (Me) attend alongside him. This story was a life-changing event for me and I share this story in detail-- as well as how God began to use me in the Gift of Prophecy, the Gift of Healing and the Gift of Knowledge. As I share these things in my new book I continue (and will always do so) to give ALL glory to God Almighty!
I want to encourage all of you to ask the Holy Spirit how you can effectively use your God-given gifts (spiritual gifts and natural gifts) in these last days to bring people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. You may not be an actor, singer, writer or a Pastor, but you DO have gifts that God has given to you. He desires that you take every opportunity to use them for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.. Remember, if Satan is pulling out all of the stops in his goal and objective to steal, kill and destroy, then how much more should we, the Body of Christ, rise up and submit our gifts and talents towards the advancement of the Kingdom of God? The Holy Spirit will strongly anoint those of you who are willing to submit your gifts and talents unto God for His glory! This is not in any way a means in which a man or woman's flesh would be glorified. God is looking for those who will be always give ALL glory to God as He performs miracles, signs and wonders, He is also looking for those who are AVAILABLE, HUMBLED, AND OBEDIENT to the leading of the Holy Spirit. There is someone out there who is waiting for your obedience in using your gifts and talents. God gave these blessings to you in order for you to be a blessing and a source of encouragement and truth to others who are desperately seeking truth that sets the captives free. If it has been shelved for a season, it is time to take it off the shelf, dust it off, and begin using it. I assure you as you submit your gifts unto the Holy Spirit of God there will be a phenomenal anointing that will accompany your effective productivity.
I love you all so much and I pray that this article is a shot in the arm of encouragement -- please ask the Holy Spirit today how you can ignite or perhaps in some cases, reignite the fires in you. I leave you with this scripture to consider and contemplate:
"Therefore, I remind you to keep ablaze the gift of God that is in you through the laying on of my hands." (2 Timothy 1:6)

Be very blessed, encouraged and inspired my beloved





08-12-15 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment