Thursday, August 17, 2017

MARTYRDOM: CHRISTIANS AND JEWS ARE BEING TARGETED IN THE MIDDLE EAST & COMING CLOSER TO AMERICA
A Christian martyr is someone who died for his or her faith, rather than renounce Christ. Ever since Stephen was stoned to death outside Jerusalem (Acts 7), Christians around the world have suffered and died for the sake of Christ. There are many lessons we can learn from the testimony of the martyrs. Each person who is bold enough to give up his life for Christ has a unique lesson to teach us. This article will discuss a few lessons we can glean from Christian martyrs as a whole.
Christian martyrs teach us that we can stand for God no matter the circumstances. Millions of people throughout history have willingly died for their faith. If they can do it, so can we. That does not mean we should seek out suffering or death for Christ, but it does mean that, if we are presented with the choice of “die or deny Christ,” we should be bold and cling to Christ. Our love for God should take us as far as God’s love for us took Him—to death. Jesus prepared His disciples for persecution: “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven” (Matthew 10:32–33). Martyrs show us what it looks like to stand firm in not denying Jesus.
I have found myself asking this same question: If I were face to face with a gun to my head and I was asked whether or not I would renounce Jesus Christ I would pray that I would have the boldness to say "absolutely not for Jesus Christ is Lord of All". I often think of a modern day martyr: a young, beautiful blue eyed blonde girl who had a gun pointing at her when asked if she believed in God-- her answer was an unshakable "Yes I believe in God". Those words were followed by a gun shot that took her life. Many of you will remember that this "massacre" that killed 12 students and one teacher, took place in the Columbine High School in Columbine, Colorado on April 20, 1999.
CHRISTIANS ARE BEING KILLED IN IRAQ
And for those who fled to neighboring areas of Iraq, said Arabo, the militants have ensured that the Christians harbor no hope of returning.
"They've marked the red stamp of death on Christian homes and basically saying we know who you are and if you come back, you will get killed. That's why we're saying this is a Christian holocaust within our midst and the world community cannot turn a blind eye," said Arabo. "They are absolutely killing every Christian they see. This is a genocide in every sense of the word. They want everyone to convert and they want Sharia law to be the law of the land."
I wanted to write this article as a snapshot of what is taking place throughout the Middle East and Coming soon to America. Christians and Jews are being targeted and we MUST stand strong in the power and might of Jesus Christ. I plead with all believers in Jesus Christ to unite like never before and pray for wisdom and be obedient to the leading ot the Holy Spirit. We must remember my beloved that The Battle is the Lord's and there is a great army of Militant Warrior Angels that surround us. God bless you and keep you abiding under the Wings of the Almighty! (Psalm 91)  
06-02-15 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment