Thursday, August 17, 2017

As a writer, I often express the concerns of my heart with Father, through the venue of poetry and song lyrics. I find myself "working out my salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12-13) daily. The "fear" is a reverent fear and respect for Father-- and the more intimate my relationship becomes, as I walk with Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, the more I desire to not find myself doing anything that will "break Father's heart". His word tells us "It's Your kindness that leads us to repentance O God" (Romans 2:4). I continue to find myself trying to be as "transparent" as I can be when I spend time in The Secret Place (Psalm 91). I wrote the following "thoughts" and was encouraged by some close Christian friends to share this (see below). So here goes-- I hope someone may be encouraged to go before Father and share their hearts. He desires our fellowship! May you spend time in The Secret Place my beloved family and friends.
BROKEN
Lord, please quiet the silence that rings loudly in my ears
And with Your "still small voice" sooth away my fears
For it is still only "Your Truth" that sets this "once captive" free
And there are still times I wrestle with "the old man" who tries to haunt me
Please keep speaking Truth, Holy Spirit, and remind me and let me know
That the echoes and reflection of "the old man" is not who I am in Jesus, My Lord
For I am still, and always will be, found in My Lord, Redeemed
Without You, I'm lost and blind, enticed by the world's deceptive dreams
Lord, take me beyond those things that try to entangle me again
To the chains that have fallen, afore and bound, once before in Yester's sin
For as Apostle Paul said, I know not why I do the things that I do
Lord, may this war with this flesh keep me running back to Truth
I find myself, at times, afraid that I'll go just one sin too far
Lord, save me from myself I pray, remove my sin, but not my scars
For these scars are there to remind me of the pain that I once knew
But there is no power in my scars, like the scars I find on You
Lord, may I always find great refuge from the battles I can't win
For only in You, My Champion, I am a "victor" in this world of increasing sin
For Lord, You say as sin increases, even grace, it greater abounds 
Only in Your presence I find peace in You, and ALL I will ever need is found
SELAH and AMEN!

01-25-16 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment